RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING. YOUR PURCHASE INDICATES YOU UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE ON ITS TERMS. BY PURCHASING THIS TICKET, YOU AND YOUR CHILD ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR RECOVER DAMAGES IN CASE OF INJURY, SICKNESS, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGES, FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE PATCH IN ELIZABETH, LLC, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (“THE RELEASEES”).
In consideration for allowing my minor children to participate in activities at The Patch and on behalf of myself, my child or our personal representatives, heirs, next-of-kin, spouses, and assigns, I HEREBY:
- Acknowledge I, nor anyone in my household has had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Acknowledge I do not have any reason to believe myself or anyone in my household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19.
- Acknowledge I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the COVID-19.
- Acknowledge that All activities at The Patch including but not limited to the jumping pillow, barrel train, sack slide, etc. can be dangerous and can cause serious injury including death, and must be done at the participant’s own risk.
- Acknowledge that a pony may, without warning or any apparent cause, buck, stumble, fall, rear, bite, kick, run, make unpredictable movements, spook, jump obstacles, step on a person’s feet, push or shove a person, saddles or bridles may loosen or break – all of which may cause the rider to fall or be jolted.
- Acknowledge that livestock handling involves risks that may cause sickness, injury, and in some cases death, because of the unpredictable nature of livestock, regardless of their training and past performance.
- INDEMNIFY, AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS The Patch, instructors, its employees, and agents from and against any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur arising out of or in any way connected with either my use of the livestock and any equipment of gear provided therewith or any acts or omissions of wranglers or other employees or agents.
- Acknowledge that this document is a contract and agree that if a lawsuit is filed against The Patch, The Patch Rides, or its owner, agents, employees, or guides for any injury or damage in breach of this contract, the Undersigned will pay all attorney’s fees and costs incurred by The Patch in defending such an action.
I have read this entire Release of Liability Document. I understand it is a promise not to sue and to release The Patch, Its owners, employees, and agents for all claims. I have made a free and deliberate choice to purchase this ticket and accept this Release and Waiver as a condition to Releasees allowing me or my child to ride or handle a horse and participate in activities at The Patch. I have concluded that the risks involved and the release and waiver of liability is worth the pleasure of all activities at The Patch.